The chocolate meditation is one of the most “delicious” form of mindfulness meditation. It’s very simple for beginners but also attractive enough for those experienced in meditation. It’s also convenient.
About benefits, it just like meditation but maybe more than that because it is chocolate meditation form.
If you are ready to lose weight or cut down how much chocolate you eat, you can use this. This will help you reduce stress and also enjoying some of your favorite chocolatey desserts. Finally, whatever your motivations, the chocolate meditation is a great one to learn.
Here’s how to do it.
How to Get Meditate with Chocolate
- Get a small piece of chocolate: This small piece must have large cocoa content, but you can use a chocolate kiss, a handful of semi-sweet chips, or whatever you have on-hand.
- Relax your body: Take a few deep breath and close your eyes to get into relax mode. You will want to start your chocolate meditation as physically relaxed as possible.
- Smell, gaze, and nibble: After you smell the chocolate and enjoy the aroma, after you look at the chocolate and really take in how delicious it looks, you can finally take a small bite of your chocolate. Let it sit on your tongue and melt in your mouth. After that, continue to breath and concentrate on the sensations in your mouth.
- Focus on sensations: Right after you swallow it, focus on how it feels going down. Notice how your mouth feels empty. Take the second bite, then concentrate on the sensations feeling in the present.
- Savor this feeling: When you’re done savoring your chocolate, revisit the feeling throughout your day, and feel more relaxed. You may choose to continue your meditation after the chocolate is gone, or simply resume your day immediately afterward.
- You don’t have to take a large amount of chocolate for this meditation. Try to focus and follow the guide.
- If you’re sensitive to chocolate or have issues with sugar, you can try a similar type of meditation with raisins or other savor-able food you’re able to safely eat.