As you know meditation have a lot of benefits for stress management. One of the most important benefits from meditation is that it can build resilience over time. Also it can help you feel less stress in short moment if used as a tool to relax your body and mind. Others benefit such as help you to get into the practice of responding to the challenges in your life from a more relaxed. Mindful place rather than reacting to life’s challenges out of fear, and it can help you to get in the practice of letting go of grudges and redirecting yourself away from negative thinking.
Despite that many benefits, some people thought that difficult to practice because the benefits will last in a short time or or only effective with regular, lengthy sessions. That’s not true! Meditation can be practiced in many ways, long term or short term still give you positive mind and body. Some professor suggest to take 5 minute meditation every day to reduce stress quickly.
Steps for 5 Minute Meditation
- Set a time range: This will erase your nervous about the time while doing meditation. You don’t have to worry about too long or too short.
- Relax your body muscle: Just close your eyes and relax. Take a deep breath and try to imagine that your stress are flying away from your body or just simply melting away.
- Absolutely clear out your mind: When you work on clearing your mind of thoughts, rather than focusing on ‘thinking of nothing’, focus on ‘being’. when thoughts enter your mind, gently acknowledge them and let them go,. Returning your focus to the present moment again.
- Keep continue: Simply focus on the sensations you are feeling in your body, focus on your breath, or focus on letting go for 5 minute. At the end you will back to your daily life but with feeling relaxed and refreshed.
- Do meditation when you got your most comfortable position.
- Don’t get too focused on whether or not you’re ‘doing it right’. Thoughts may often enter your head; the process of redirecting your focus to the present moment is where the benefit comes.
- Listening to meditation music. This can improve reduce stress process more quickly than normal.
- Meditation is confirmed to bring not only short-term reduce but also long term resillence. Do it every day so you will have a wonderfull stress management tool.
- For best results, try to fit in longer meditation sessions (like 20 minutes or more) a few times per week. These 5-minute sessions will have more of an impact when you need them!