Focused meditation practice is easy for people who want to get started with meditation. Many people find this practice is easier than traditional meditation practice. Because this meditation practice will allow you to focus on something sound or some other stimulus rather than trying to achieve a clear mind.
All you need is a quite place, something to focus on and a certaint times. This practice don’t even need instructor or teacher.
Definition of Focused Meditation
The main purpose of focused meditation is focusing on something intently as a way of staying in the present moment and turning off your internal dialogue. Many peoples find that it hard to quiet your mind while focus nothing.
Also with focused meditation, you can focus on almost everything which involves the senses. That may include sounds, visual pieces, tactile sensations, tastes and smells, and even your own breathing!
6 Steps for You to do Focused Meditation
Starting a focused meditation practice is very easy. Begin with short five-minute sessions and work your way up to 30-minute sessions as you become more comfortable with the exercise. You absolutely have to find a quite place where you can’t be interrupted.
- Choose a target for you to focus: A meditation song, a beautiful picture or may be an insense.
- Find your comfortable position: Relax your body. Loosen your shoulders and breathe from your belly.
- Lead your attention to the target you focus at any sense: Focus on the sound, smell, sight, etc. and simply experience what it has to offer. The idea is not to think about it, but simply to experience it, being fully present in the moment.
- Calm your head inner voice: If your inner voice start to analysis everything about your life. Try to calm it down and turn your attention back to your chosen target and the sensation it provides. Let your mind stay quiet and clear.
- Don’t worry about failure practice: If you find your mind engaging you and realize that you’re not being fully present with the sensations of your chosen target. Remember don’t let your inner perfectionist beat you up for doing it wrong. Simply congratulate yourself for noticing and return back to the present moment and the sensations it has to offer.
- The end: As you practice this type of meditation, it will become easier and make more sense. The more you practice, the more benefits you will experience.
Tips for Focused Meditation
- Choose the best time for you: A lot of people think started their day with focused meditation is really good.
- Give it times: Every meditations need practice. If you want to do it perfectly, you may caused more stress.