Music is one of the most wonderful thing that human creates. Not only we can have fun but also it can reduce our daily life stress. You don’t have to push your self to find ways to reduce your stress, just listen to some relaxing disk then you will feel your breath calm more than normal.
If music combine with meditation, your body can feel both effects of them. So with that ability, your stress can relief faster than just do one of them. As an additional reward for beginners who just reach to this kind of technique, they can feel easy to do and less hard to try than others technique. That’s why i recommend you to practice this stress relief.
Requirement about time
About 20 minutes for meditation and for a relax song. Just 20 minutes but you can reduce a large amount of daily life stress. So please make your schedule fit with it.
Instructions for beginners
- Choosing music for meditation: Find your favourite music type, don’t have to follow a standard relaxing music. Just find a song which fit you most but most of people likely to choose music with slow tempo and not having lyrics. Because the lyrics may distract your mind and that not what we want here.
- Start with the most comfortable position and relax: Many people think leg crossed position are the one fittest for meditation but they wrong. Just do the position which help you relax. When you find it, slowly close your eyes, relax your muscles, and breathe through your diaphragm. Let your shoulders, your belly, and even the muscles in your face all relaxing.
- Let your mind only have music. Try to deep in it.
- When some thoughts come across your mind, release it, and try to focus back to music. Keep doing this practice and you will more deeper into music world, you will feel more relax.
Some tips you may try
- You may need a few song then take your practice longer.
- If you find the song you choose remind you some memory, thoughts, just change it to different type.
- You can make a list of song before start your meditation so you don’t have to worry about the time.
- Common case for all beginners, they will find theirselfves thinking too much and try to beat it. But is a good sign, they can notice the dialouge, so they just have to return their attention to the present moment.