Mantra Meditation known as one of the simpliest and easiest to learn among others meditation techniques. Like any forms of meditation, it help you reduce stress in your daily life. Also customize to meet your specific needs for stress management.
Benefits of Mantra Meditation
Meditation have many related with to a reduction of chronic stress as well as decreases in heart rate and blood pressure, an increase in immune system functionality…
A special benefit of meditation that you may not know is decrease in intrusive thoughts, an increase in meaning and quality of life in HIV patients. Another reseach on veterans found that mantra meditation reduces the occurrence of intrusive thoughts and minimizes stress as well.
Though there is a lot of benefit but many people claim that is hard keep redirecting their thoughts to the present moment. So just practice it and you will good at it. Practicing mantra meditation is easy. Here’s how:
- Find a quiet place and have a comfortable position. With repeated practice, you may find yourself able to practice mantra meditation anywhere and under more chaotic circumstances.
- Choose a mantra for meditation. A mantra is a word or phrase that you repeat to yourself. Many people using “Om”or it can be a word or phrase like, ‘Calm’ or ‘I’m at peace.’ to practice.
- Close your eyes and let your mind repeat mantra. If you find other thoughts creeping into your head, thank yourself for noticing, and gently redirect your attention to your mantra.
- Keep doing this for several minutes. You can start with 5- or 10-minute sessions and work up to 20 or 30; with mantra meditation, any practice time is better than none.
TIPS for You
- Try to repeat this exercise when ever you can. Many people find it easiest to try for a quick session once a day so it becomes a regular habit but don’t take excessive amounts of time.
- You can also do mantra meditation while walking to combine exercise with meditation. Just use your mantra rhythmically as you step.